Just like the front page of a book, I have created this contents page for you people to understand my site better. Since I have recipes under various heads, it will be cumbersome for a new user to look up everything. Hence this attempt. Hope this page will serve as a guide to glide through my site 🙂 .
Some pages will be found under two heads. Like you will find my ‘Chicken 65 ‘ recipe under both ‘Cooking recipe index’ as well as ‘air fryer recipes’. This is to help people who are looking under those specific heads. Orange-colored names will be links that will take you to the respective page.
There is a main page for every group of recipes. And on that main page, you will find more details. Like, on the main page for starters you will find details of starters around the world, followed by recipes. Am yet to create a main page for Main Courses and Snacks, as I am still collecting details 🙂 .
The contents page is the elaborate version of the main menu. You can find thumbnail images of all the recipes, on the respective main pages.
Also for menu items with a drop-down arrow, the first click will open up the sub-menu while the second click on the menu item, will take you to the main page.
So let’s go…
This is the area where you will find everything that has to do with my cooking and baking.
In this area, you will find course-wise recipes.
This main page contains details on what a soup is and the varieties of soups.
- Tomato Soup
- Black nightshade greens soup (Manathakali thanni saaru)
- Lebanese lentil soup
- Corn Palak Oats soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Borscht-The Ukrainian beet soup
2)Non- Vegetarian Soups
This main page contains details on salads and salad dressings.
This main course recipe page gives more details on the main courses consumed throughout the world, with recipes to try out.
- Wholewheat naan
- Pol Roti
- Wholewheat Pita
- Kuzhi paniyaram/kara paniyaram
- Rava Upma / Semolina upma
This is the main page covering all kinds of side dishes from around the world.
a)Side dishes for breakfast and dinner
- Seeni Sambol
- Pol Sambol
- Paneer Butter Masala
- Vegetable ishtu/Vegetable stew
- Kathirikai bhajji/Mashed brinjal chutney
- Coconut Chutney (White chutney)
- Onion chutney (Red chutney)
- Pol Sambol
- Seeni sambol
- Pirandai chutney/Pirandai thuvaiyal
- Tamarind chutney/Imli chutney(Sweet chutney for chaats)
b)Side dishes for lunch
- Parippu curry
- Gongura pappu
- Pineapple pachadi
- Mathanga Venpayar erissery(Pumpkin red lentil curry)
- Nendram pazham pulissery(Banana yogurt curry)
- Ennai kathirikai fry
- Murungai keerai poriyal (Drumstick leaves stir fry)
1)Vendakkai Sambar (Lady’s finger sambar)
- Ambul thiyal (Srilankan fish curry)
- Pepper chicken
- Chicken Xacuti (Goan chicken curry)
- Mathi meen curry (Sardines fish curry)
- Methi malai chicken (Creamy fenugreek chicken)
- Basale with fish stir-fry/Malabar spinach stir-fry
- Mutton curry (Dad’s special)
- Kongunadu chicken curry
- Chicken leg roast (Indian style)
1)Traditional Indian snacks
2)Snacks from around the world
3)Naalu mani palaharam(4’o clock snacks)
This is the main desserts page containing details of Indian desserts as well as from around the world, with recipes.
1)Traditional Indian sweets
- Puran poli / Holige / Obbattu
- Carrot halwa/Gajar ka halwa
- Sweet boondi/meethi boondi
2) Payasams, pradhamans and kheers
Here you will find recipes related to baking.
- White Sandwich bread
- Eggless Dinner rolls
- Dinner rolls
- Wholewheat pita bread
- No-knead white bread
- Eggless No-knead burger buns
- Eggless No-knead donuts
This page gives details on how I got hooked onto baking and goes on to cover all the “must-knows” in baking.
Recipes in this section relate to sauces, pickles, and condiments.
1)Stocks and sauces
- Inji Puli
- Prawn balchao (Goan Prawn pickle)
- Wambatu moju (Srilankan Brinjal pickle)
- Nellikai pickle (amla pickle/gooseberry pickle)
This main page gives details on using the air fryer, followed by recipes I have tried out with the air fryer.
Through this section, I will be sharing recipes of street foods from around the world which you can easily try at home.
- Paruppu vadai/Masala vadai
- Roadside Kalan chilli/Mushroom chilli
- Pazham pori (Sweet banana fritters)
Through this area, you will get an insight into Indian Cuisine, with recipes from my kitchen for you to try out.
Right now am on South Indian breakfast. So far have covered,
This section deals exclusively with the intricacies of South Indian food.
This section is intended for recipes from the various cuisines of the world, other than Indian.
1)Main Course (Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner)
2)Side dishes(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
i)Sambols & Relishes
b)Non – Vegetarian
This is my main ‘gardening’ page dealing with the very basics of gardening.
This ‘Healthy living’ main page deals with simple and practical tips on living a healthy life, further segregated under 3 heads – Exercise, Eat right and Be happy.
Here you will find all kinds of crafts with paper as well as yarn. In due course will deal with quilling, crocheting, and sewing.
1)Simple paper crafts
Whether you are new to Qatar or already settled here, this page will give you every minute details of life in Qatar from my viewpoint.
This one deals with useful websites and apps that you never knew existed.
This section covers the various useful glossaries that I have compiled.
- Common Ingredient names
- Herbs from around the world
- Cooking Terminology
- The Greens glossary – All about greens and microgreens
This page provides details about me, for people who are interested to know more about me 🙂 .
Through the contact form on this page, you can contact me on anything regarding this site.
On this page, I share products on Amazon that I have so far purchased or am planning to purchase. Hope it will be helpful to you guys too.