These French fries are made using pre-fried, store-bought fries, in the air fryer. The only benefit is that you don’t have to deep fry it again. Just pop it into the air fryer basket, and switch it on. Within 15 minutes your fries are ready with a golden hue.
In our house, my younger son loves french fries. So whenever he finds them in the freezer, he makes them himself. I am always concerned about buying these pre-cooked fries, from a health perspective.
Hence it’s always once in a while. He has challenged me that however hard I may try, I can never replicate them with my health concept. So it is one of my ongoing projects. I have already wasted quite a few potatoes, but still trying 🙂 . Will keep you guys posted.
Over to the procedure….
- 500 g pre-fried french fries
- salt as needed(optional)
- Set the temperature of the air fryer to 180°C
- Pop the fries into the basket and set the timer for 12-15 minutes. After about 6 minutes remove the basket and shake it a bit.
- The fries are done in 12 minutes. You can sprinkle salt once they are removed from the fryer if you prefer.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.
- I do not prefer to preheat the air fryer, as it has a nonstick coating.
- The temperature can be set at 12 minutes and then another 3 minutes may be added if needed.
- No need to add oil to the fries, as it contains oil anyways.
You may also like